We are currently looking for a Building Services Site Project Manager to join our Team to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking a professional & enthusiastic Site Project Manager to meet the demand for our services.
- Be a part of a team that delivers a range of Projects for High profile customers
- Become familiar with Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, Irish Electrical Regulations, Irish & British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Take Brief from Client / Design Team, relay information back to our Design Office to develop the Design.
- Develop close working relationships with clients and the design team alike.
- Simultaneously manage a number of projects on-site with the support of our Design Department.
- Carry out Site surveys, and relay information back to the Design Office.
- Assist with preparing Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Budgets.
- Attend Weekly Design Team / Client Meetings on Site.
- Assist with the Tender Process & selection of Contractors.
- Project Manage the works on-site to ensure the works are being executed to a high standard in accordance with our Design.
- On a daily basis deal with technical queries that may arise from Contractors / Design Team.
- Liaise with our Design Office to ensure Drawings are updated as changes are made on site.
- Manage Utility Applications
- Issue Weekly Reports to Design Team demonstrating the works being carried out are in compliance with Building Regulations & conform to Good Industry Standards.
- Issue Monthly Cost Reports to Client & Design Team.
- Witness commissioning of the various HVAC, Electrical & Life Safety Systems.
- Snag the installation on completion.
- Assist with the collation of the as-constructed drawings & safety files.
- Mentor junior members of staff
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Trade Qualification in a Mechanical or Electrical field – Level 6 Advanced Craft Certification or equivalent.
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 Years Experience in the management & supervision of mechanical & or Electrical installations (Building Services).
- A good understanding of Electrical & or Mechanical Systems (Building Services).
- Experience in client, the project team & contractor interaction.
- An understanding of Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, Irish Electrical Regulations, Irish & British Standards and Health & Safety Regulations.
What We’re Looking For:
- The capability of managing contracts within timelines and budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus, ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites and a consistently strong link to all stakeholders
- Resourceful problem solver
- Shall be a good communicator with the ability to work well, both independently, and with others in a multi-functional project team.
- Review & sign off technical submittals of plant & materials associated with the Projects
- Will liaise with the Client & Design Team on a daily/weekly basis to ensure the smooth delivery of the Projects on Time & on Budget, followed by works visits during the construction phase
- Have the ability to Prepare Building Control Regulations M&E inspection plan and M&E input into the Certificate of Compliance Design.
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying for this SITE Project Manager role now.
We hope to hear from an ambitious Site Project Manager that is looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
Keep up to date with all our latest updates on our website and on LinkedIn.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.