We are currently looking for a Senior Building Services Mechanical Engineer to join our team to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Collaborate with customers, engineers, sub-contractors, suppliers, and in-house teams to deliver cost-effective technical engineering solutions
- Resources to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Maintaining accurate records of all project steps
- Mentor junior members of staff
- Complete additional training/education where needed
- Take Brief from Client / Design Team, relay information back to our Design Office to develop the Design
- Develop close working relationships with clients and the design team alike
- Simultaneously manage a number of projects on-site with the support of our Design Department
- Prepare Building Control Regulations M&E inspection plan and M&E input into the Certificate of Compliance Design
- Carry out Site surveys, relay information back to the Design Office
- Assist with preparing Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Budgets
- Attend Weekly Design Team / Client Meetings on Site
- Assist with the Tender Process & selection of Contractors
- On a daily basis deal with technical queries that may arise from Contractors / Design Team
- Issue Weekly Reports to Design Team demonstrating the works being carried out is in compliance with Building Regulations & conform to Good Industry Standards
- Issue Monthly Cost Reports to Client & Design Team
- Witness commissioning of the various HVAC, Electrical & Life Safety Systems
- Snag the installation on completion
- Assist with the collation of the as-constructed drawings & safety files
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Third Level Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage
- Have work experience in the design of Mechanical Services Engineering, preferably in a consultancy environment. (Minimum 5 years)
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Magicad is desirable
- Experience in client, the project team & contractor interaction
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations
What We’re Looking For:
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections, and liaising with project teams
- Enthusiastic to train up on electrical aspects of the role
- Experience with IES, LEED, and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage
- The capability of managing contracts within timelines and budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus, ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites and a consistently strong link to all stakeholders
- Shall be a good communicator with the ability to work well, both independently, and with others in a multi-functional project team
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- Support to chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Be part of a CIBSE award winning engineering firm
- Excellent career progression in a company that supports your personal and professional development, through internal and external CPD
- Chartership application support
- Competitive salary: dependent on experience
- Generous annual leave
- Early finish on a Friday
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest engineering job vacancies here.
Keep up to date with all our latest updates on our website and on LinkedIn.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.