We are currently looking for a Senior Building Services Mechanical Engineer to join our team to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Resources to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Mentor junior members of staff
- Take Brief from Client / Design Team, relay information back to our Design Office to develop the Design.
- Develop close working relationships with clients and design team alike.
- Simultaneously manage a number of Projects on site with the support of our Design Department.
- Carry out Site surveys, relay information back to the Design Office.
- Issue Weekly Reports to Design Team & Monthly Cost Reports to Client & Design Team.
- Witness commissioning of the various HVAC, Electrical & Life Safety Systems.
- Snag the installation on completion.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Third Level Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage.
- Have work experience in the design of Mechanical Services Engineering, preferably in a consultancy environment. (Minimum 5years)
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP and Magicad is desirable.
- Experience of client, project team & contractor interaction
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards and Health & Safety Regulations
- Experience with IES, LEED and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage
What We’re Looking For:
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections, and liaising with project teams
- Enthusiastic to train up on electrical aspects of the role
- Experience with IES, LEED, and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage
- The capability of managing contracts within timelines and budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus, ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites and a consistently strong link to all stakeholders
- Shall be a good communicator with the ability to work well, both independently, and with others in a multi-functional project team
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Open-door policy
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- Pension planning availability
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Be part of a CIBSE award winning engineering firm
- Excellent career progression in a company that supports your personal and professional development, through internal and external CPD
- Chartership application support
- Competitive salary: dependent on experience
- Generous annual leave
- Early finish on a Friday
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our website for more exciting roles including: Mechanical, Design, Sustainability, graduate engineers and Energy roles – here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.