We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Collaborate with customers, engineers, sub-contractors, suppliers, and in-house teams to deliver cost-effective technical engineering solutions
- Resources to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Maintaining accurate records of all project steps
- Mentor junior members of staff
- Complete additional training/education where needed
- Take Brief from Client / Design Team, relay information back to our Design Office to develop the Design
- Develop close working relationships with clients and the design team alike
- Simultaneously manage a number of projects on-site with the support of our Design Department
- Prepare Building Control Regulations M&E inspection plan and M&E input into the Certificate of Compliance Design
- Carry out Site surveys, relay information back to the Design Office
- Assist with preparing Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Budgets
- Attend Weekly Design Team / Client Meetings on Site
- Assist with the Tender Process & selection of Contractors
- On a daily basis deal with technical queries that may arise from Contractors / Design Team
- Issue Weekly Reports to Design Team demonstrating the works being carried out is in compliance with Building Regulations & conform to Good Industry Standards
- Issue Monthly Cost Reports to Client & Design Team
- Witness commissioning of the various HVAC, Electrical & Life Safety Systems
- Snag the installation on completion
- Assist with the collation of the as-constructed drawings & safety files
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Third Level Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage
- Have work experience in the design of Mechanical Services Engineering, preferably in a consultancy environment. (Minimum 5 years)
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Magicad is desirable
- Experience in client, the project team & contractor interaction
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations
What We’re Looking For:
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections, and liaising with project teams
- Enthusiastic to train up on electrical aspects of the role
- Experience with IES, LEED, and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage
- The capability of managing contracts within timelines and budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus, ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites and a consistently strong link to all stakeholders
- Shall be a good communicator with the ability to work well, both independently, and with others in a multi-functional project team
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- Support to chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Be part of a CIBSE award winning engineering firm
- Excellent career progression in a company that supports your personal and professional development, through internal and external CPD
- Chartership application support
- Competitive salary: dependent on experience
- Generous annual leave
- Early finish on a Friday
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest engineering job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.