We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and professional Building Services Engineer to join our Team to work on a range of exciting projects.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Review M&E design prior to tender issue.
- Review contractors’ tender returns and issue tender report to client and design team
- Attend tender meeting with proposed contractor prior to site start.
- Review equipment submittals and approve or reject.
- Cost control during construction phase, review variations and report to design team
- Attend commissioning of systems on site and witness same
- Snag project prior to handover
- Contractor interaction
- Client interaction
- Review contractors’ final account and issue report to design team & client.
- Complete additional training/education where needed
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Qualified in HVAC/electrician/plumbing
- Mechanical/electrical degree
- Strong technical understanding of own trade
- Have 3+ Years’ project management experience
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP and Magicad is desirable.
- Experience of client, project team & contractor interaction
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards and Health & Safety Regulations
- Possess strong computer abilities
- Valid drivers license for Ireland and own transport necessary
What We’re Looking For:
- Good Communicator with the Ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team – Mixture of office and on site work
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections and liaising with project teams.
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
Keep up to date with all our latest updates on our website and on LinkedIn.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.