We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and professional MEP Engineer with Project Manager experience to join our Team to work on a range of exciting projects.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Review M&E design prior to tender issue.
- Review contractors’ tender returns and issue tender report to client and design team
- Attend tender meeting with proposed contractor prior to site start.
- Review equipment submittals and approve or reject.
- Cost control during construction phase, review variations and report to design team
- Attend commissioning of systems on site and witness same
- Snag project prior to handover
- Contractor interaction
- Client interaction
- Review contractors’ final account and issue report to design team & client.
- Complete additional training/education where needed
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Qualified in HVAC/electrician/plumbing
- Mechanical/electrical degree
- Strong technical understanding of own trade
- Have 3+ Years’ project management experience
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP and Magicad is desirable.
- Experience of client, project team & contractor interaction
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards and Health & Safety Regulations
- Possess strong computer abilities
- Valid drivers license for Ireland and own transport necessary
What We’re Looking For:
- Good Communicator with the Ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team – Mixture of office and on site work
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections and liaising with project teams.
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.