We are currently looking for an experienced Design Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical) to join our team to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. We are the 2020 and 2021 CIBSE Consultancy of the Year Award Winners.
We also have an Energy Services Company that delivers Carbon & Energy Reduction Roadmaps for clients. We have also been successful in securing EPCs with a number of Clients. Electrical engineering forms an important part of this work.
- Holder of a Trade Qualification in a Mechanical or Electrical field – Level 6 Advanced Craft Certification or equivalent.
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage
- Degree in Electrical Services Engineering or Electrical Engineering with several years of post-qualification design experience
- Technically excellent with in-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations including extensive knowledge of IS10101 and ET101:2008 National rules for Electrical Installations
- Good communication and report writing skills have the initiative to work alone.
- Experience in leading design teams and a proven team player
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Working competency in design software: Dialux, Amtech, Revit, CAD
The main responsibilities would be to deliver large complex and niche projects on time and to the highest technical standard along with management support.
- You will be assisting other engineers by helping and encouraging graduates and less experienced engineers
- Preparation of design and contract documentation and specifications
- Designing and reviewing the design work of intermediate and junior engineers
- Design of systems including but not limited to maximum demand calculations, cable sizing, lighting, emergency lighting, fire alarm systems, ICT systems, security systems, and vertical transport
- Coordination of work with all members of design teams (architect, engineers of all disciplines, Q.S., etc.)
- Attend Weekly Design Team meetings
- Work with Project managers
- Mark up of drawings
- Ensuring that all designs and documents are prepared to the highest standards
- Compiling project & design studies reports
The Ideal Candidate:
- Revit would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
- Mentor experience
- Comfortable estimating and controlling costs
What We’re Offering:
Other benefits include:
- Work in the vibrant city of Kilkenny
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct Exposure to clients
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest engineering job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.