Our sister company Lawler Sustainability is a market leader within the sustainability consulting field in Ireland and their established Kilkenny office is central to their operations. Lawler Sustainability work closely alongside Lawler Consulting whose head office is also based in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London.
This established and growing team contains talented, dedicated engineers and technicians who possess a passion for efficient, simple and sustainable solutions. A position has opened up in their new and modern sustainability team for an experienced Sustainability Engineer. This team is very active in commercial, residential and industrial sectors so a broad project portfolio awaits the Engineer who successfully manages to secure this position.
This is a superb chance to develop your sustainability skills within the framework of an award-winning consultancy. There is flexibility in the location of this position and can be based out of Kilkenny or a hybrid of remote and office working is also considered depending on the successful applicants preference. Working hours are also flexible with agreement with the Operations Director and management team.
This role would suit an Engineer / Architect from either a Mechanical / Structural / Sustainability background. You must have some experience in Thermal Modelling using IES VE (or similar software) with a solid understanding of MEP services in addition to an understanding of current Building Regulations including Part L and Part F. You will have a good understanding of and interest in environmental rating systems such as BREEAM, LEED, WELL, Fitwel etc and be qualified or willing to working towards a qualification in these areas. Training will be provided where necessary. You will be a dynamic, outgoing individual, passionate about sustainability, hard working with a desire to develop your sustainability skills. Ideally qualified as Domestic or Non Domestic BER Assessor with SEAI or similar UK schemes (CIBSE LCC & LCEA, Elmhurst SAP Assessor etc.). You will have experience or and understanding of the SEAI grant schemes, EXEED, BEC etc. Experience in CSR, ESG and developing carbon roadmaps is desired.
A highly competitive basic salary will be part of a generous overall package including pension contribution
- In depth knowledge of dynamic simulation software such as IES VE, mechanical design and building regulations including a full understanding of National Calculation Methodology is essential
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of sustainability and building physics, particularly in relation to heat transfer, energy, thermal comfort and natural ventilation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, DEAP/SAP, PHPP, MS Excel
- Ideally registered as Domestic / Non Domestic BER/EPC Assessor in ROI or UK
- Knowledge / experience of daylight assessments and right to light studies
- Knowledge / experience of advanced energy modelling for LEED
- Knowledge / experience of thermal bridging calculation using Psitherm (or similar) would be beneficial also
- Be competent undertaking a range of environmental assessments using third-party assessment methodologies such as LEED, BREEAM, WELL, HPI
- Liaising with client stakeholders to develop the criteria for the delivery of the desired environmental assessment rating
- Conducting LEED/BREEAM Pre-Assessments and providing design advice
- Producing evidence requirements for LEED / BREEAM credits
- Undertaking gap analysis report/schedule
- Managing own workload to meet project deadlines
- Producing reports and providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams
- Attending site visits to review progress against sustainability targets
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions
- Completing relevant training to become certified as an assessor against one of the core assessment methodologies
- Using initiative to overcome project challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- Working in a team environment
- Good time management in order to meet project deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Masters in Sustainable Energy Engineering or similar qualification
- Time in lieu
- Remote working
- Internal and external CPD
Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between office and home working.
We hope to hear from ambitious sustainability engineers looking to work in a company which places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement. If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!