We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Team to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Be a part of a team that delivers a range of Projects for High profile customers
- Become familiar with Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, Irish Electrical Regulations, Irish & British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Take Brief from Client / Design Team, relay information back to our Design Office to develop the Design.
- Develop close working relationships with clients and the design team alike.
- Simultaneously manage a number of projects on-site with the support of our Design Department.
- Carry out Site surveys, and relay information back to the Design Office.
- Assist with preparing Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Budgets.
- Attend Weekly Design Team / Client Meetings on Site.
- Assist with the Tender Process & selection of Contractors.
- Project Manage the works on-site to ensure the works are being executed to a high standard in accordance with our Design.
- On a daily basis deal with technical queries that may arise from Contractors / Design Team.
- Liaise with our Design Office to ensure Drawings are updated as changes are made on site.
- Manage Utility Applications
- Issue Weekly Reports to Design Team demonstrating the works being carried out are in compliance with Building Regulations & conform to Good Industry Standards.
- Issue Monthly Cost Reports to Client & Design Team.
- Witness commissioning of the various HVAC, Electrical & Life Safety Systems.
- Snag the installation on completion.
- Assist with the collation of the as-constructed drawings & safety files.
- Mentor junior members of staff
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Trade Qualification in a Mechanical or Electrical field – Level 6 Advanced Craft Certification or equivalent.
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 Years Experience in the management & supervision of mechanical & or Electrical installations (Building Services).
- A good understanding of Electrical & or Mechanical Systems (Building Services).
- Experience in client, the project team & contractor interaction.
- An understanding of Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, Irish Electrical Regulations, Irish & British Standards and Health & Safety Regulations.
What We’re Looking For:
- The capability of managing contracts within timelines and budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus, ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites and a consistently strong link to all stakeholders
- Resourceful problem solver
- Shall be a good communicator with the ability to work well, both independently, and with others in a multi-functional project team.
- Review & sign off technical submittals of plant & materials associated with the Projects
- Will liaise with the Client & Design Team on a daily/weekly basis to ensure the smooth delivery of the Projects on Time & on Budget, followed by works visits during the construction phase
- Have the ability to Prepare Building Control Regulations M&E inspection plan and M&E input into the Certificate of Compliance Design.
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.