Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Team to work on a range of projects across multiple sectors.
Our award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through its unrivaled competence in our sustainable design process, efficient project management and rigorous cost control during the construction phase.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Have 5 Years plus experience in the Project Management of Building Services installations.
- Holder of a Third Level Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Have 3+ Years’ Experience in the design of Mechanical Services Engineering, preferably in a consultancy environment.
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP and Magicad is desirable.
- Experience of client, project team & contractor interaction
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards and Health & Safety Regulations
The ideal Candidate:
- Shall be a good Communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi functional project team.
- Be Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Have an Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative.
- Have the ability to Project Manage a number of sites concurrently (with support from our Design Department).
- Have the ability to efficiently & promptly deal with issues on site as they arise.
- Work closely with the Retail Design Department to ensure Drawings & Specifications for projects on site are kept up to date & key information is delivered to site in a timely manner.
- Liasing with Client & Design Team on a daily / weekly basis to ensure the smooth delivery of the Projects on Time & on Budget.
- Liaise with and provide information to the PSDP (Project Supervisor Design Phase) for the preparation of the Health and Safety File.
- Liaise with and provide production information to the PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage).
- Ability to Incorporate Designs from other design consultants, Prepare Building Control Regulations M&E inspection plan and M&E input into the Certificate of Compliance Design.
- Attend Weekly Site Meetings Monitor the installation of all parts of the mechanical and electrical works carried out in connection with the Project.
- Attend weekly Mechanical & Electrical Co-ordination meetings to plan setting out & co-ordination of the services installation.
- Review & sign off technical submittals of plant & materials associated with the Projects.
- Review & prepare site specific method statements for scheduled power outages, upgrades, integration of new Mechanical & Electrical systems into existing.
- Manage the alterations and embellishments of utilities supplies such as ESB, Gas & Telecoms.
- Ability to efficiently & promptly deal with issues on site as they arise.
- Co-ordinate and integrate within the overall design of the Works the design of any part or parts of the Works designed by specialist suppliers and/or Contractors.
- Provide advice to Client & Design Team throughout the Project on cost reduction through value engineering and where possible the re-use of materials including but not limited to existing equipment, pipework and wiring.
- Provide technical advice Client & Team throughout the project
- Provide information to Design Team Members for the preparation of financial reports.
- At periodic intervals appropriate to the stage of construction visit the Works to inspect the progress and quality of the Works and to determine that they are being executed generally in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Witness and sign off on all the emergency systems installed in connection with the Project.
- Schedule & Witness commissioning of all Air & Water Systems.
- Witness the commissioning of the mechanical and electrical works carried out in connection with the project.
- Gather information for and issue the relevant ancillary certificates for submission to Building Control.
- On Practical Completion carry out a detailed snag of each Site.
- Manage the handover of the As Built Drawings and Documentation
- Carry out a review of the Safety File
- Provide analysis on all Mechanical and Electrical variations submitted in the final account and assess their credibility.
- Time in lieu
- Remote working
- Internal and external CPD
Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between office and home working.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company which places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement. If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!