We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and professional Operations Manager ideally with Building Services experience to join our Team to work on a range of exciting projects.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through its unrivaled competence in our sustainable design process, efficient project management, and rigorous cost control during the construction phase.
- To direct all contracts and operations with a hands-on approach to the day-to-day activities of each division.
- To develop and implement strategic plans for contracts and the division, ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered with an emphasis on service delivery.
- Working with the engineering teams/ Team leads to ensure effective cash flow management.
- Producing accurate management reports on time
- To chair and direct regular meetings with staff to discuss progress as well as provide the directors with reports and liaise with other Senior Managers within the Group with regard to operating policy and opportunities for work.
- Report back to directors on ongoing issues keeping them informed of any potential problems that could affect the business.
- Lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections, and liaising with project teams.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Third Level Diploma/Degree ideally in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years’ management experience in building services environment
- Experience in client, project team & contractor interaction
- Experience with IES, LEED, and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations
- Experience with effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and adoption to achieve desired outcomes and achieve the goals of a company.
What we’re looking for:
- Good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function under pressure.
- Someone to develop a strong understanding of the business, strategic direction, overall organizational goals, and client needs
What We’re Offering:
Other benefits include:
- Work in the vibrant city of Kilkenny
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct Exposure to clients
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.