We are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager with a Trades Background (MEP Engineer) with project management experience ideally within the Building Services Industry.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through its unrivaled competence in our sustainable design process, efficient project management, and rigorous cost control during the construction phase.
We are poised to enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors and are seeking Building Service Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
What We’re Looking For:
- Good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team – A mixture of office and on-site work
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections, and liaising with project teams.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Review M&E design prior to tender issue.
- Review contractor’s tender returns and issue a tender reports to the client and design team
- Attend tender meeting with the proposed contractor prior to site start.
- Review equipment submittals and approve or reject them.
- Cost control during the construction phase, review variations and report to the design team
- Attend commissioning of systems on-site and witness the same
- Snag project prior to handover
- Contractor interaction
- Client interaction
- Review contractor’s final account and issue report to design team & client.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Qualified in HVAC/electrician/plumbing
- Strong technical understanding of own trade
- Have 3+ Years of project management experience
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Magicad is desirable.
- Experience in client, project team & contractor interaction
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations
- Possess strong computer abilities
What We’re Offering:
Other benefits include:
- Work in the vibrant city of Kilkenny
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct Exposure to clients
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.