We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and professional Mechanical Engineers to join our team to work on a range of exciting projects.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through its unrivalled competence in our sustainable design process, efficient project management, and rigorous cost control during the construction phase.
We are poised to enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors and are seeking Mechanical Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
What We’re Looking For:
- Good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections and liaising with project teams.
- Enthusiastic to train up on electrical aspects of the role
- Mechanical HVAC layouts, sizing radiators & piping
- Heat loss calculation
- Ventilation – ductwork sizing.
- Writing specifications and schedules for the job
- Use of design software such as CAD&REVIT
- Interfacing with our customers to deliver cost-effective technical engineering solutions
- Resources to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Maintaining accurate records of all project steps
- Collaborate with customers, engineers, sub-contractors, suppliers, and in-house
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Third Level Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage.
- Have work experience in the design of Mechanical Services Engineering, preferably in a consultancy environment. (Minimum 2 years)
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Magicad is desirable.
- Experience in client, project team & contractor interaction
- Experience with IES, LEED, and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations
What We’re Offering:
Other benefits include:
- Work in the vibrant city of Kilkenny
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct Exposure to clients
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.