We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and professional Mechanical Engineers to join our team to work on a range of exciting projects.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Mechanical HVAC layouts, sizing radiators & piping
- Heat loss calculation
- Ventilation – ductwork sizing.
- Writing specifications and schedules for the job
- Use of design software such as CAD&REVIT
- Interfacing with our customers to deliver cost-effective technical engineering solutions
- Resources to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Maintaining accurate records of all project steps
- Collaborate with customers, engineers, sub-contractors, suppliers, and in-house
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Holder of a Third Level Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Holding a trade background (such as Mechanical/controls/electrical) is an advantage.
- Have work experience in the design of Mechanical Services Engineering, preferably in a consultancy environment. (Minimum 2 years)
- Experience in the design of HVAC and Pipework systems, AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and Magicad is desirable.
- Experience in client, project team & contractor interaction
- Experience with IES, LEED, and BREEAM projects would also be an advantage
- Proficient in Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations
What We’re Looking For:
- Good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and willing to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to lead projects from inception to completion, managing budgets, attending design team meetings, onsite inspections, and liaising with project teams.
- Enthusiastic to train up on electrical aspects of the role
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.