We are currently looking for an Experienced Electrical Project Manager/ Electrical Engineer to join our Team to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors.
Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Our CIBSE award-winning practice has successfully completed in excess of 4,500 commissions, which has cultivated a wealth of in-house experience that is demonstrated through numerous projects. We place a great emphasis on our staff, learning and development, and progression. As we enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors we are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers to meet the demand for our services.
- Be a part of a team who delivers a range of Projects for High profile customers
- Become familiar with Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, Irish Electrical Regulations, Irish & British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Management of project teams covering engineers, QS, site managers, subcontractors, and support staff
- Take Brief from Client / Design Team, relay information back to our Design Office to develop the Design.
- Develop close working relationships with clients and the design team alike.
- Simultaneously manage a number of projects on-site with the support of our Design Department.
- Carry out Site surveys, and relay information back to the Design Office.
- Site Audit Reports
- Assist with preparing Budgets.
- Attend Weekly Design Team / Client Meetings on Site.
- Assist with the Tender Process & selection of Contractors.
- On a daily basis deal with technical queries that may arise from Contractors / Design Team.
- Issue Weekly Reports to Design Team demonstrating the works being carried out is in compliance with Building Regulations & conform to Good Industry Standards.
- Witness commissioning of the various HVAC, Electrical & Life Safety Systems.
- Snag the installation on completion.
- Assist with the collation of the as-constructed drawings & safety files.
- Mentor junior members of staff
- Complete additional training/education where needed
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as an Electrical Project Manager
- Experience in the management & supervision of Electrical installations (Building Services).
- Ideally hold relevant certifications in Electrical/Project Management, Level 6 Advanced Craft Certification or equivalent.
- HV experience
- Good understanding of the technical, commercial, and contractual processes involved.
- Experience in a range of large/small scale projects
- Capability of managing contracts within timelines and budgets
- Experience in client, the project team & contractor interaction.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read, understand and create contractual requirements, scope objectives, and financial reports.
- Happy to liaise with the Client & Design Team on a daily/weekly basis to ensure the smooth delivery of the Projects on Time & on Budget, followed by works visits during the construction phase
- An understanding of Irish Building Regulations, CIBSE Design Guides, Irish Electrical Regulations, Irish & British Standards, and Health & Safety Regulations.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
Why Choose Lawler Consulting:
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Remote working and bike to work scheme
- Close working relationship with senior managers and directors
- Direct exposure to clients
- Private healthcare fully subsidised
- Great work-life balance
- Professional subscription fees paid monthly
- A company that supports your personal and professional development (through internal and external CPD)
- Support to Chartership
- Fast-moving and challenging role
- Great culture and company social club
Visit our Lawler Careers page for more reasons why Lawler Group in Kilkenny should be your next move.
Fast-track your career in one of Ireland’s top engineering firms by applying now.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company that places a great emphasis on its staff and rewards achievement.
Check out our Careers page for all of our latest job vacancies here.
COVID-19 considerations; Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between the office and home working.