Lawler Consulting is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our Team to work on a range of projects.
We are well-established consultancy working across an international network of offices, offering a full range of integrated MEP & sustainability engineering services. Winners of 2020 CIBSE Consultancy of the Year Award and Shortlisted again this year, we pride ourselves on pushing boundaries and delivering innovative sustainable design. We also have an Energy Services Company that delivers Carbon & Energy Reduction Roadmaps for clients. We have also been successful in securing Energy Performance Contracts with a number of Clients. Electrical engineering forms an important part of this work.
We fully encourage employees to achieve to excel and offer support throughout the process through training and mentoring.
The main responsibilities would be to deliver large complex and niche projects on time and to the highest technical standard along with management support. You may also contribute to the Sustainability & Energy Part of the business.
You will be assisting other engineers along with helping and encouraging graduates and have the initiative to work alone.
- Degree in Electrical Services engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Several years post-qualification design experience
- Experience in a wide range of projects.
- Technically excellent with in-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations including extensive knowledge of IS10101 and ET101:2008 National rules for Electrical Installations
- Experience in leading design teams
- Proven team player
- Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Competent in electrical design software: Dialux, Amtech
- Revit would be a distinct advantage.
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Project Planning and Management
- Preparation of design and contract documentation and specifications
- Designing and reviewing design work of intermediate and junior engineers
- Design of systems including but not limited to maximum demand calculations, cable sizing, lighting, emergency lighting, fire alarm systems, ICT systems, security systems and vertical transport
- Co-ordination of work with all members of design teams (architect, engineers of all disciplines, Q.S. etc.)
- Ensuring that all designs and documents are prepared to the highest standards
- Estimating and Cost Control on projects
- Compiling project reports
- Conceptual design studies and reports
- Mentoring and development of junior and intermediate engineers in the group
- Time in lieu
- Remote working
- Internal and external CPD
Our office has taken all recommended services to return to work and we are offering flexible working to our staff alternating between office and home working.
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company which places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement. If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!